How to Update
Follow these instructions to update or install new:
- Download Logged It 1.2.8 from above links
- Run the installer to install the update. If you have a trial version, your trial period will continue from where it was. If you have a full version, with registration code, the existing registration will automatically be picked up when you run the new version. In both cases your existing data files on your computer will not be affected.
- Run Logged It from the desktop icon, or Start menu.
- If you've run Logged It on this computer before, all your files will be available when you run the new version. There are no extra steps to move date from the flash drive to the PC if you are using the same computer. Additionally, you can always following the instructions on the packaging to use the RunLoggedIt.exe to save and restore date using the flash drive.
Optional: If you have a flash drive, you may want to do the following as well, so you have the updated installer on your flash drive.
- In the LoggedIt folder on the flash drive, delete the setup.lix (or setup.exe). If you want to save previous version installers, you can rename this file instead of deleting.
- We don’t expect that there is a loggedit.exe or loggedit.lix file, but if there is, delete it.
- Copy the downloaded install_loggedit.exe file to the LoggedIt folder on the flash drive.
- Rename the install_loggedit.exe file to setup.lix in the LoggedIt folder on the flash drive.
We no longer recommend running directly from the flash drive.
- We have an option, for a small fee that covers shipping, handling and parts costs, to purchase an updated flash drive. Please call 844-4-STUMPY (844-478-8679) and select Option 2.
- If you are planning on being in the Tomahawk, WI area, we can also setup an appointment to update your current flash drive for you. Please call 844-4-STUMPY (844-478-8679) and select Option 3, to coordinate.